UK RESIDENTIAL RESEARCH: SCOTLAND
Main regional city centres across the UK are expected to outperform with higher sales price and rental growth as the rise of city centre living continues.
Edinburgh, in particular, is forecast to see strong price growth as limited development activity creates further discord between demand and supply. Glasgow too is set for an exciting few years and something of a revolution in housing terms.
• House price growth in Scotland has averaged 2.9% pa over the past five years
• For Scotland as a whole, house prices will increase by around 10% over the next five years
• We expect Edinburgh city centre sales prices to rise by an average 4.1% pa – one of the highest city growth forecasts in the UK.
• We forecast Edinburgh lettings will increase on average 3.3% per year
• Glasgow city centre sales will rise on average 3.2% p.a
• 1000+ completed build to rent units in Glasgow over the next 3-4 years