The UK housing market is adjusting to varying levels of political and legislative change, but the 'New Housing Paradigm' is about a bigger, structural shift.
A supportive environment for capital flows into the housing market over recent years is expected to close. Digital construction will also play an increasingly important role in housing delivery. Our new report - JLL Forecasts: The new housing paradigm considers the impact of these changes on market performance over the next 5 years and looks at how the UK housing market is expected to perform in 2018 and beyond.
• More moderate UK house price growth for the next 5-10 years
• Brexit will remain a short-term drag on the UK housing market
• New Housing paradigm good for government, the economy, buyers, sellers and industry participants
• UK house price growth are set to ease
• UK transactions will improve at a moderate rate
• UK housing starts to remain buoyant